1) Be Clear about what you want, it is common to be feeling pulled every this way and that with the demands of modern life, so knowing what you want is a very good starting point.
2) Create appropriate boundaries and limits around what you can commit to and what is able to be delegated. Be OK with saying “No”.
3) Good planning and organization helps to reduce stress, be realistic in terms of time constraints and spend some time at the beginning of each week planning the following 7 days events. Write it down, it gets it out of your head and onto the page where it can be chunked down into more manageable pieces. It doesn’t mean you have to rigidly stick to the plan but it does give you a map of reference.
4) Sharing the load goes along way to creating a feeling of support and well- being. It contributes to a sense of teamwork and collaboration which in turn creates a sense of connection. This brings synergy and harmony and helps us achieve more than we ever could on our own.
5) Be committed 100% to what is happening now, it sounds so obvious but is often what is missing, whether it’s listening to your partner or running an important meeting, being fully focused on the present keeps you from being saddled with worries and anxieties about yesterday or tomorrow.
If you would like a free 10 minute consultation with me about how I can assist you in managing stress in your life please contact me on 0403 814 477 to inquire about my East Malvern, Melbourne relationship counselling services.